Role: Director of Marketing & Publicity
In an effort to keep Gaston Untied Soccer Club in the public eye, the club is looking to appoint a director of marketing responsible for planning, developing and implementing the organization’s marketing strategies, communications and public relations activities. GUSC has long maintained a good working relationship with the local media—including the Gaston Gazette and the Belmont & Mount Holly News. This role is charged with maintaining those relations, as well as creating new ones.
1. Create a year-long marketing calendar;
2. Enhance the club’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public;
3. Serve as primary point of contact for external communications and public relations activities, including press announcements;
4. Ensure articulation of the club’s desired image and position;
5. Responsible for direction, design, production and distribution of all materials, including fliers and leaflets;
6. Act as the organization’s representative with the media;
7. Lead projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events (like Run for the Money, Belmont Christmas Parade, GUSC-GDS Challenge, and other health and wellness initiatives);
8. Work with executive board, coaches, directors and managers to ensure that all marketing efforts are aligned.
Interested persons should email the Executive Board at email@example.com. Thank you for volunteering!